When should I schedule my maintenance?
Generally, residential preventative maintenance occurs twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. Homes which are older and more susceptible to damage may require three or four check-ups per year. If your home has multiple long-haired pets and a filter which you are unable to change yourself, you may also want to have three or four air filter inspections per year.
What should I expect during preventative maintenance?
Your HVAC technician will perform many more tasks than we are able to list here during your preventative maintenance visit. For the same of space, here are the most important things that will be addressed:
- Check system functions, safety controls, and operating sequences
- Inspect electrical components and connections and repair/replace/tighten as needed
- Ensure proper airflow and change dirty air filters
- Inspect pumps, check flow rates, and lubricate where appropriate
- Clean and lubricate motors
- Examine, adjust and align belts
- Inspect, clean and balance blowers
What should I expect during my spring preventative maintenance visit?
Your spring visit will be in preparation for the summer season. Your technician will:
- Clean inside and outside coils
- condensate pans, traps, and lines to prevent obstructions
- straighten fins for efficient operation
- Check refrigerant levels and identify/repair any leaks
What should I expect during my fall visit?
Your fall visit will be in preparation for the winter season. Your technician will:
- Clean the burner assembly
- Remove soot from the fireside of burner
- Clean and check humidifier
- Inspect the heat exchanger for cracks
- Adjust air-to-fuel ratio of burner
- Perform a combustion analysis
Remember, if you take care of your HVAC system, it will take care of you. Getting your HVAC system inspected and maintained twice a year will help maintain peak efficiency, lower your energy bills, extend the life of your HVAC system, and avert system failures.
To discuss preventative maintenance options, give us a call today at (336) 498-7609.